Thursday, January 15, 2009

First Blog Ever

I couldn't figure out what to name this blog, and after many hours, She's Gone Rogue is the best I can come up with.  I find it topical (think Palin), humorous, and semi-appropriate for my situation.  And thus begins my first official blog post. I've decided to start a blog after many long nights writing feverishly in my journal, thinking all the while that there has to be a better way.  I'm basically just hoping to document Matt's and my travels while he works for UOP.  
Things are going well so far... as well as can be expected, I guess.  We have been in Neustadt, Germany for a little more than two months now.  We've been having a great time galavanting around Bavaria and Europe, but I'm coming to realize I'm not what you might call a "natural traveler" or, in other words, Aura.  I'm okay going on weekend excursions for two or three nights at a time, but beyond that, I get exhausted and stressed out, and I just want to have a home base.  Yet, at the same time, I'd rather be worn out and stressed out and still see all the glorious sights than be sitting comfortably at home... or in whatever hotel room I may be calling home at any given time.  I'm also learning that three months is about as long as I'd like to go without visiting family.  Maybe it's just that I missed both Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I have been feeling very homesick and just missing everyone tremendously.  Hopefully we will get some time off soon and will have a chance to visit everyone before the next assignment.   Well, I think that's enough to whet your appetite for now.  I'm really going to do my best to update this every day (which will probably turn into every week, or maybe every month) in order to keep a detailed portrait of my life abroad so I'll have sufficient material for the novel I'll be writing in, oh, the next ten years or so.  

1 comment:

  1. So I guess this means I have to start writing more on Rick's blog or start my own. Because, let's be honest, he's might be a little boring. And mine will definitely be awesome. Because that's how I roll.

    ReplyDelete