Thursday, July 15, 2010

May I Have Your Attention Please?

Ladies and Gentlemen,
We are not leaving today!  (By today I mean Thursday, July 15th, 2010... I know not everyone follows this every day - even though they should.) Our tickets weren't issued in time to leave today (imagine that) so we're leaving Saturday instead.  While I'm glad to have the extra couple days to prepare (let's just not mention the months and months that I've known about this assignment... obviously procrastination is my middle name), I feel bad for Matt who will now surely have to report to work on Monday, as soon as we arrive in Vadodara.  I know, I know, that's just the job, but still, I know how tired we are after traveling for two days, and I couldn't do it.  Thank God he's a better man than I.

 
I know this has nothing to do with anything, but it's funny.  Jimmy and Matt in Nashville.
Anyway, that's about all my news.  I've been shopping up a storm with the other roadwives in town, and I'm getting pretty antsy about spending so much money!  Everyone who knows me knows just how cheap I am (you can thank my Daddy for the lessons in personal finances), so you can imagine how anxious I get to spend so much money at one time!  It's just little things here and there, but it's every day.  Good thing we'll be in India for the remainder of time.  We'll be saving a ton..... hopefully.  Unless I get my hands on a good tailor to make me some amazing clothes (which I will).

In other news, I keep seeing this commercial for Lanacane Anti-Chafing Gel.  Perhaps you know the one... it's got balloon people walking around with their fat balloon legs sticking together.... pretty disturbing.  It always comes on when I'm running in the gym.  As much as I hate it, it makes me run just a little further every time.  Gotta prevent that balloon leg feeling.  And then they show heavy women dancing around in skirts - so happy to be free of chafing!  Sorry, Lanacane.  Your tricks don't work on me.
 
Another random picture.  This is the pedicure I got from Jen a couple months ago.  I recently had to demolish it, as the paint had chipped to ridiculous extent. I took a picture so I wouldn't forget. 

That's about all my news.  Today my plans are as follows: laundry (for the 2nd time this week) haircut (I know I just chopped it off, but it grows so fast! I will probably have enough to donate again by the time I get back from India), and picking up last-minute items on my list... which I seem to have misplaced.  Hopefully there wasn't anything too important.  That is all.  Thanks for your attention.  You may now return to your previously scheduled activities.

1 comment:

  1. The most expensive days for us is the week we get back from a long job and then the week before we leave. :)

    ReplyDelete