Saturday, February 27, 2010

Delayed... go figure

We're baaaaccckkk. In Chicago. Matt's been working all week, and we were supposed to leave for India on Tuesday, but he just found out (at midnight) that it's a no-go. Apparently there's some holiday in India the first week of March and they can't organize his travel from their end until after the first week. So we're planning to leave maybe next weekend or so. I bought the travel guide yesterday and have been reading up on our city, Vadodara. The locals call it Baroda, so if you want to sound really cool, you'll call it that too. It's my understanding (though I have a limited geographic knowledge) that Vadodara is on the northwest coast of India, in the state of Gujarat. I believe we'll be flying into Mumbai, staying the night and then flying 4 or so hours to our final destination. I'm starting to get really excited... mostly about all my clothes-making prospects, but also just to go somewhere completely different and new. However, I'm trying not to get my hopes up too high because I don't want to be really disappointed. Anyway, I just wanted to send a little information to give you all an idea of where we'll be (if we ever get there). In closing, I'd like to share with you a ridiculous picture of Bella from Christmastime. She looks like a chubby bag lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment