Thursday, March 4, 2010

I Love Short Hair?


I finally took the plunge yesterday and chopped off all my hair. I'm donating it to Locks of Love, and they require 10 inches minimum, so that's what they got. It was a pretty huge shock to cut off that much hair at once, and it's the shortest haircut I've ever had (but not by much). I haven't decided to like it yet, but Matt likes it. My assessment is I look younger... like about 20 years younger. But surely it looks more effortless, right?
Surely this hair cut will make people stop and look and say, "wow, that girl looks so carefree! What could she possibly have to worry about? Certainly not her hair because it's so short and effortless!"
Anyway, I've included some pictures, so you can judge it for yourself. Also there are a couple of never before seen pictures of when we cut Aura's hair in Germany last year. Sorry, buddy. It's too funny to pass up.



Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes! All in all, it was a pretty fabulous day... Matt made me breakfast and then took me to see Rush Limbaugh: The Musical at Second City in Lincoln Park. It was hysterically funny and incredibly horrifying at the same time. I don't care what anyone says, he is a crazy person. We finished off the day with dinner and a HUGE margarita, and then a piece of overpriced cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. See, we know how to do it up right.
We're leaving for India on Saturday (evening... thank you Janine) so we've just been trying to get all our stuff together the last couple days. We're also moving hotels today (again... third time's the charm) because Matt HAS to get his Marriot bonus points before we go. (By the way, if you want to know what we're like with our "bonus points" and "rewards cards" for hotels and rental cars, watch the movie Up in the Air. It's pretty much exactly like that.) I'm getting super stressed trying to pack for such a long trip, and yesterday a lady flipped me off after she cut me off at an intersection, which has further added to that stress, but you'd never know it because i have such short stress-free hair.

1 comment: